Stage 2: TeenTech Innovation Log Submission
Work as a team to create a TeenTech ‘Innovation Log’ summarising why your idea is innovative, what makes it work, what the market is, how would people use it, buy it. The log can contain up to a maximum of 15 A4 pages and should be uploaded as file of no more than 3 Mb. The log must be uploaded to the TeenTech website by 12 noon on 22nd March 2013. Finalists will be notified by 15th April 2013 and invited to attend the TeenTech Awards
The Innovation Log is a record of the team’s project. We’re interested in seeing a map of your thinking – even the ideas you chose not to pursue. Keep your rough notes, take pictures of your team at work, record your frustrations.
The log should include:
- A 400 word summary of your project
- Tell us why your project is innovative
- A project timeline describing what you did to develop your idea, when you worked with external experts from companies, colleges or universities and the key dates for developing your idea
- Details about your collaboration partners and the work carried out by the extended team, if you worked with an international school, science, technology or engineering (STEM) companies, university or further education college
- Evidence of thinking / research
- Picture of a model / poster / prototype that shows what your innovation does and who it does it for
- Who is in your team and other people who have helped you develop your idea – this could be local firms or a college / university/education business partnership – perhaps a school in another country which already has a relationship with your school
- What are the next steps to make this real – input from your mentor contacts
- What you have learnt from participating in the project. Have you learnt more about an aspect of STEM? Have you been inspired?
The TeenTech website has a registration page and upload tool to help you submit your entry.